Greetings from 1myVote!
Every election presents the same question to voters
“Who do I vote for?”
Like most things, there’s an app for that. 1myVote is a free, non-partisan voter app with candidate information for President, Senator, & Governor races in 2018. In pilot States, we are including some State & local races, as well.
With the 1myVote app, we want you to able to say:
“My Vote Matters.”
Know your candidates.
Available on iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and tablets.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We surveyed voters and people asked for voter resources to be included in the 1myVote app. In response to user feedback, we added voter resources inside the app under Resources.
- Absentee Ballot Request (print & mail).
- Additional Candidate information: Source: VoteSmart
- ID needed on Election day? (all States info).
- Register to Vote: Online (avail 26 States).
- Register to Vote: Rock the Vote (print & mail)
- Register to Vote: Same Day (avail 14 States).
In pilot locations, we also include:
- Election Dates
- Find My District: Congress, State Representative, County Supervisor
- Polling Locations
Under resources, scroll through the list and use “Find my Representative” to find your district number.
From your State’s Races Page, click on your district race to see your candidates and issues. You can use voting buttons to track your candidates.
Click on Web Site and see the candidate’s website pop up inside the app.
Return to your State’s Races page and click on “My Ballot” in the upper right hand corner to see your candidate selections to date.
- The 1myVote app is a free, non-partisan voting smartphone app. Nationally, we have included the Presidential race, Federal Senator races, and State Governor races.
- In reviewing 1myVote app download data, we have found that voter interest in the 1myVote app greatly increases in the week after a nationally televised Presidential debate.
- We have two pilot States, Wisconsin & Missouri, with additional State and local races. Wisconsin’s local races are in April 2016.
- In November 2015, we piloted the Duluth, Minnesota local elections with the Mayor’s race, City Council, and School Board races.
In October of 2015, 1myVote staff surveyed voters & non-voters age 18 to 74 years old. Half were female, half were male.
- 92% of all people surveyed said they would use a candidate app to vote. They would use the app for all elections: federal, State, and local.
- Presidential/Mid-term elections: 76%
- Infrequently/Never: 24%
We asked respondents a follow-up question to explain why infrequently/never voted. The top 3 reasons for infrequent voting:
- Not sure how to register,
- Not sure who to vote for, and
- Not sure where to vote.
We used this feedback on the next app redesign to include voter resources to help infrequent voters and non-voters become more engaged and vote in the 2016 elections.
Meet Emily Kuhn: A Woman Revolutionizing the Way We Vote Vote, Run, Lead; October 19, 2015.
An App to Revolutionize How We Vote – 1myVote St. Louis Post-Dispatch; August 3, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact me at .
Chief Design Officer
MEET THE STAFF
The 1myVote smartphone app includes the following staff members:
Emily Kuhn: Chief Design Officer, is from St. Louis, Missouri. She currently lives in Madison, Wisconsin. She moved to Wisconsin to attend Carthage College, in Kenosha, WI and graduated with a BA in International Political Economics & Spanish. After working in the finance industry, Emily attended graduate school at the Humphrey Institute at the University of Minnesota. She graduated with a Masters in Public Policy, with a specialization in Community and Economic Development. She was selected as a Presidential Management Fellow and worked over 10 years in federal government. Emily serves on numerous private sector and public sector boards.
John Shearer: Marketing Intern, is from Gurnee, Illinois. John attends Carthage College, in Kenosha, WI and will graduate in 2017 with a BA in Marketing, Public Relations, and Spanish. John has designed the market research survey, marketing flyers, and many publications for the 1myVote app.
Erica Adams: Quality Assurance Analyst, is from Stoughton, Wisconsin. Erica has years of experience in State and Local regulations. She has trained others in meeting appropriate standards. Erica's interests include education and community outreach.